[Freeswitch-users] freeswitch directories moved

Bzzz lazyvirus at gmx.com
Tue Jun 19 02:53:57 MSD 2012

On Mon, 18 Jun 2012 15:01:46 -0700
shadowym <shadowym at hotmail.com> wrote:

> Is it too much to ask that directories are standardized and don't
> change?!

From what you say below, it is a case of standardization indeed,
as Linux policy is to _have_ all conf files into /etc/.

> Do you know how distruptive it is when you move all the config
> files from /opt to /etc.!

OMFG, what a PITA to do a: mv /opt/whatever /etc/freeswitch, indeed².

>  Not only that but the hierarchy has
> been changed.  The /conf directory has been removed even though
> it's in all the documentation on the Freeswitch wiki.  Wtf?  I am
> used to config files being in /etc for Asterisk.  Despite all the
> disadvantages with Asterisk at least they are sticking with that
> decision!  Of course if I compile from scratch I suppose I can
> choose  the directory myself but for various reasons I used the
> RPM so I don't have much choice in the matter unless I want to
> make my own RPM which isn't very good use of my time imho.  But
> wait, it gets worse! Whoever made this decision decided just
> moving everything and getting rid of /conf directory was not
> disruptive enough.  So they decided to split it up and leave the
> sound files where they are in /opt/freeswitch.  Again, wtf?!

I guess your typing has been done under hot conditions - and this
can happen to anybody one day or another.

However, consider all the devs people work, what they're doing for
YOU (the user, that just have to modify a bit a complete native
conf to get a fully operative switch), the sweat they put in fixing
some quirks sometimes in minutes and you'll begin to see how
offensive your words are: "somebody" reversed the order of your
FREE lunch, fork, knive & spoon and you're going off the deep end
for THAT?
In france, we have a swell stock phrase for that:
"faire un caca nerveux" (literally: to make a nervous caca-poo).

So, please tell them it just a hot and epidermic reaction, no?

Jean-Yves
--
BOFH excuse #12:
dry joints on cable plug