[Freeswitch-users] get info from DB into channel variable in xml dialplan

Abaci abaci64 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 19 00:50:11 MSD 2012

We are looking for a way to set a few variables in the XML dialplan with
information stored in a MySQL DB, the simplest seems to be to use
mod_odbc_query which will set channel variables (see
http://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/Mod_odbc_query#APP), problem is that we
prefer not to access the DB directly from xml.
The other option is to use mod_curl which gets the result into a channel
variable named 'curl_response_data', problem is that we have multiple
values that we need in separate channel variables, and I can't find any
documentation on how to do that, is there any way to do this using json etc?