[Freeswitch-users] Brute-force attack

ocset ocset at the800group.com
Thu Jun 14 06:27:50 MSD 2012

Hi

I have deployed Freeswiitch on windows 7 and since there is no fail2ban
on windows, I was wondering what the real risk is with opening it up to
the internet. If I was to ensure that all users and passwords were
extremely difficult to guess (passwords like "2$53E_d7?^2!3s$"), what
are the risks that I am exposing myself to? Is there a type of DoS for
voip where hackers can just flood my system with requests simply to be
malicious?

There are VB windows scripts available that emulate what fail2ban does
on Linux but I was just wondering whether I really need to implement
this level of security if I can control the password complexity in
Freeswitch.

Thanks