[Freeswitch-users] How about a USER FORUM and kill off the mail list?

Anthony Minessale anthony.minessale at gmail.com
Fri Jun 8 23:52:05 MSD 2012

we've looked at some alternate mailing lists that had some forum-like
features but we need time and energy to pursue things like that.
We need to get our branching and packaging done first.

I wish nabble and friends would actually go away, they horribly
pollute the google searches and their purpose is to draw banner ads
from our content.

On Fri, Jun 8, 2012 at 2:46 PM, Timothy Bolton <ifoundthetao at gmail.com> wrote:
> It can be much more fun to put off work and b.s. by the virtual water
> cooler of an off-topic conversation. These topics lend themselves more
> toward opinion than the knowledge required to answer a question.
>
> 'We who cut mere stones must always be envisioning cathedrals.'
> Quarry Worker's Creed
>
> On 6/8/2012 2:43 PM, Brian West wrote:
>> Why do topics like these get tons of interactions, but real issues
>> fall to the wayside.  I think the horse is dead Jim, beam me up
>> already.
>>
>> Sent from my spaceship orbiting the moon (biplane upgrade)
>>
>> On Jun 8, 2012, at 10:58 AM, Tim Nelson <tnelson at rockbochs.com> wrote:
>>
>>> I was just about to suggest this approach as well. phpBB has a module to combine forums/mailing lists and it works swimmingly well. For a taste of operation, head over to the Vyatta forums/list [1] .
>>>
>>> --Tim
>>>
>>> [1] http://www.vyatta.org/forum/?
>> consulting at freeswitch.org
>> http://www.freeswitchsolutions.com