[Freeswitch-users] Audiocodes MP-118 VoIP Gateway can't un-hold

Mike Kallies mike.kallies at gmail.com
Fri Jun 8 19:55:35 MSD 2012

Hello Yehavi,

It was already set to not disconnect.  It doesn't drop the call, it just
doesn't unhold.  I can hold again and it will play music, then when I
unhold, the connection doesn't come back and the error message reappears
in the logs.

I'm not sure how 'hold' works in this system.  The phone sends a signal
to Freeswitch, then Freeswitch uses the dial plan to go to the hold
music?  Does that require negotiation of a new audio protocol or
something?  Then when we un-hold, it tries to negotiate back?

I'm a n00b with Freeswitch.  Is there a document I'm missing which
describes how hold works?

Thanks,

-Mike