[Freeswitch-users] Freeswitch + open vox G400P

Giovanni Maruzzelli gmaruzz at gmail.com
Wed Jun 6 21:22:21 MSD 2012

On Wed, Jun 6, 2012 at 4:47 PM, Kamminthang Nengzalam <
kamminthang.nengzalam at a-cti.com> wrote:

> Yep freeswitch sound quality is awesome n i am loving it. :-)
> Well regarding my gsmopen,
> i run it in my local desktop ubuntu.
> and login to the gsm using x-lite and a made sure the x-lite have gsm
> codec.
> after logging to the x-lite a dialout to my cell phone  and sometime a
> will not hear the ringtone on my x-lite and some times no audio. The same
> goes for when a call my gsm which i configure to ring in my x-lite.

Kam:
-do not use gsm codec, no need for it, and sounds bad. Use ulaw (g711) or
whatever
- do not use a desktop as a server. It will never work decently. X Windows,
mouse, dozen of other things will battle for IRQs, and this will trash all
the millisecond timers real time audio needs.
so:
-use a server installation
also, is kind of tricky to run both the sip client and the sip server on
the same machine (ports, ip addresses, etc). Better to use separate machines

-giovanni

Sincerely,

Giovanni Maruzzelli
Cell : +39-347-2665618