[Freeswitch-users] Freeswitch + open vox G400P

Brian Foster bdfoster at endigotech.com
Tue Jun 5 21:03:09 MSD 2012

Maybe you've gotten used to the superior sound quality freeswitch provides
:-)

Your audio quality is dependent on the equipment you are using, and the
E1550 is a good piece of equipment. Check your signal stregnth and make
sure you are giving the equipment the best chance of working. If that
device doesn't have an external Jack then USB port extenders work wonders.
Just remember that GSM isn't a high quality codec.

If your phones take GSM (most IP phones do) then make sure GSM is being
used end to end (I.e. no transcoding). That might yield better sound
quality, and you should be doing this to decrease the load being placed on
your system.

Brian Foster
Endigo Computer LLC

Sent from a mobile device.