[Freeswitch-users] Using application="limit" with custom variable

Richard Gration richgration at gmail.com
Tue Jul 31 19:34:56 MSD 2012

Hi all,

I asked this in #freeswitch earlier, but didn't manage to find a
resolution there, so I'm posting here in the hope my question gets a
wider audience.

(The dialplan I'm using is fetched with mod_xml_curl. An example of a
call is here: http://pastebin.freeswitch.org/19616 )

I'm trying to limit concurrent calls on a per user basis. The problem
I'm facing is that using the limit settings I have, freeswitch only
counts connected calls, not calls in the setup phase (trying, ringing
etc) towards the limit. So, in the example dialplan above, the account
99999 is being limited to one concurrent call. This works if there is
a call up for that account, but in my tests I could make 2 or more
calls, provided none of them was actually connected.

I would like to know if there is a way to have freeswitch consider all
connections for this account to count towards the limit total.

If this *can* be done, then I expect that it is a setting in
mod_dptools or perhaps fs core, rather than something I can return in
my dialplan.

Cheers,
Rich

--
Once our basic material needs are met - in my utopia, anyway - life
becomes a perpetual celebration in which everyone has a talent to