[Freeswitch-users] H264 transcoding

Seven Du dujinfang at gmail.com
Tue Jul 31 18:40:23 MSD 2012

It would be better to fix your clients ...

And if you really want video transcoding, check out how voice is working now in tree. If add video transcoding support like voice, it would be a big project. Talk with core developers on the freeswitch-dev list would be a good start I think.

libvlc could automatically decode any "external videos", say mp4, http, ts stream, rtp/rtsp steam etc, but I'm also new to vlc and have no idea if it can do transcoding like what you want. My first purpose when answering your question was explaining it is possible to encoding using cpu and libx264. Anything beyond that would need more research.

7.