[Freeswitch-users] How to use TTS/flite via mod_socket

Michael Collins msc at freeswitch.org
Tue Jul 31 02:10:23 MSD 2012

On Mon, Jul 30, 2012 at 12:08 PM, Hector Geraldino <
Hector.Geraldino at ipsoft.com> wrote:

> I don’t know what API you’re using to handle ESL connections, but in
> general all you need to do is to send an execute command with sendmsg:****
>
> ** **
>
> sendmsg <uuid>****
>
> call-command: execute****
>
> execute-app-name: speak****
>
> execute-app-arg: flite|kal|Hello world****
>
> ** **
>
> **

The method Hector suggests is good if you are doing a raw outbound event
socket connection. I'd recommend using ESL and the programming language of
your choice to help abstract away some of the unnecessary details.

Also, if for some reason you need to execute the command on an arbitrary
UUID then you can use uuid_broadcast. From fs_cli you can test it:

uuid_broadcast <uuid> speak::flite|kal|'hello word' bleg

Replace 'bleg' with 'aleg' or 'both' depending on exactly you want to
accomplish, i.e. play on the inbound leg, outbound leg, or both.

-MC