[Freeswitch-users] Bind Sofia external profile to Static private IP

g g.d.monnezza at tiscali.it
Mon Jul 30 13:13:33 MSD 2012

Hi Brian. Try playing with ext-rtp-ip directive.
i,e. force in your sip profile
    <param name="ext-rtp-ip" value="192.168.15.21"/>
    <param name="ext-sip-ip" value="192.168.15.21"/>

Or, if you prefer, start Freeswitch with -nonat option.

A more sophisticated approach is to play with auto-nat. The autoNAT engine in Freeswitch is
powerful. It works with uPnP, like skype does. So, working with most of the internet gateways (like
home adsl routers) it is capable to open a port to communicate on the public network.
Hope it helps