[Freeswitch-users] H264 transcodin

Seven Du dujinfang at gmail.com
Sat Jul 28 04:45:27 MSD 2012

Real-time encoding with statically linked x264 lib works fine for me from QCIF to  D1 resolution, 720p is slow and discarding frames on a Xeon Quad core CPU. I haven't look how to use the GPU, or if possible.

It is working in my lab and I have the same question with Yufei Tao when going to production or deliver to customer. Based on http://lists.freeswitch.org/pipermail/freeswitch-dev/2010-September/004227.html , In my understanding, compile and link and use by my self should be fine and, if I deliver to a customer, it should be fine if I provide the code and help the customer to compile on their own server? I'd like to open source the code to public later, but, I'd like to know is it a MUST or MAY?

If you pipe to ffmpeg or x264 command line it's not been treated as combine into a large work, and I'm not sure if realtime transcoding will be smooth.

7.