[Freeswitch-users] Push server and push capability

Prasd D prasd.d.b at gmail.com
Fri Jul 27 01:17:03 MSD 2012

I was searching and came across this amazing jira request for push
server capability.
This is exactly what I felt too, except didn't delve or earlier
understand how to achieve this.

http://jira.freeswitch.org/browse/FS-4347

This guy has identified very much what is really needed to be able to
use it on smartphones.
And suggests that Freeswitch and Csipsimple together show this
capability where an incoming call or voicemail to a user using
Csipsimple is notified through push notification. That starts
Csipsimple (which is otherwise turned off) on his phone.

This is a huge huge and amazingly useful thing since no one keeps
their voip client on their phones on due to power consumption and
battery drain !

This I think is the future of VOIP since smartphones are going to
become soon huge % of voip clients.