[Freeswitch-users] Just a Reminder on asking for help on a problem...

Ken Rice krice at freeswitch.org
Thu Jul 26 21:12:15 MSD 2012

Hey Guys,

I know there are a pile of us that answer questions on the mailing list
regularly and there are some of us that work with or on the core dev team
that are very well versed in FS and can probably answer questions on
${random_problem_you_are_trying_to_figure_out}, but please don¹t just email
one guy idk manon the dev team directly for help unless this is something
they have explicitly asked you to do (or unless you are offering them some
sort of compensation for helping you (read $$$$)).

We have a Mailing list so that everyone can benefit from the free help, and
so you can get answers faster. (how is it faster? If ${developer} isnt
around maybe ${other_user} can help you out with your question. This frees
up the devs to continue doing what they do best which is coding and fixing
issues, and it just makes the community stronger. Also the mailing list is
archived and heavily indexed by Google and other search engines which means
maybe someone else can find they answer they are looking for later without
even asking...

Thanks for understand!
See you at ClueCon!