[Freeswitch-users] mod_avmd

Michael Collins msc at freeswitch.org
Mon Jul 23 19:59:42 MSD 2012

Bernard,

Keep in mind that avmd is non-blocking, that is, it won't cause your
dialplan or script to pause while it is attempting to detect the beep. Your
dialplan will keep doing what it normally does, and if avmd detects a beep
then it will throw an event which you catch and handle in your onInput
function.

-MC

On Mon, Jul 23, 2012 at 6:47 AM, BF <bfmtl at hotmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I'm trying to use it from a Lua script. My understanding is that mod_avmd
> detects beep from voicemail systems and is CPU intensive, please correct me
> if I'm wrong.
>
> The Lua example at FreeSWITCH Wiki is
> local human_detected = false;
> local voicemail_detected = false;
>
> function onInput(session, type, obj)
>     if type == "dtmf" and obj['digit'] == '1' and human_detected == false
> then
>         human_detected = true;
>         return "break";
>     end
>
>     if type == "event" and voicemail_detected == false then
>         voicemail_detected = true;
>         return "break";
>     end
> end
>
> session:setInputCallback("onInput");
> session:execute("avmd","start");
> In order to implement this example, the script must wait for the beep to
> be detected or not to process the case accordingly. What is no beep is
> detected? How can I prevent called party to hear only silence while
> potential beep detection is being executed?
>
> Thank you
>
> Bernard

> http://wiki.freeswitch.org
> http://www.cluecon.com