[Freeswitch-users] Which FS version to use?

Michael Giagnocavo mgg at giagnocavo.net
Fri Jul 20 20:45:21 MSD 2012

I'd second that. If the project really wants to call a stable release, why on earth would any new functionality be allowed in? If there's not even a branch, then we're not even really pretending to go for a stable release...

That said, I've not really had much issues, so the process of "grab head, test until my use case works, never upgrade again" works for a lot of people. But, it'd work a whole lot better if there was actually a release branch, because then I would replace the "never upgrade again" part with "keep doing minor updates" like we do with Asterisk, OpenSIPS, and pretty much any other piece of software in the world.

What would be nice is to know about security patches... a million lines of C and no security bugs? If that's true, well, the Queen Elizabeth Prize for Engineering closes nominations in two months.

But hey, it works well enough for me, and, I guess, a lot of other folks, too, so I'm not really complaining.

-Michael