[Freeswitch-users] ACK to 200 OK in a Bridge

Stephen Wilde wstephen80 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 20 16:48:28 MSD 2012

I have the following issue: if I do a bridge of an inbound call to an
outbound call, when the called number answer the call with a 200 OK,
FreeSwitch sends the ACK instantely, without wait the ACK of the calling.

The message flow (as shown in the attached .png) is:

CALLING              FS       CALLED

INVITE       --------->
100 Trying <---------
                             -------------> INVITE
                             <--------- 100 Trying
                             <--------- 200 OK
                             -------------> ACK
<--------- 200 OK
-------------> ACK

When I expected that the ACK to called is related to ACK from the calling:

CALLING              FS       CALLED

INVITE       --------->
100 Trying <---------
                             -------------> INVITE
                             <--------- 100 Trying
                             <--------- 200 OK

For this reason, if sometimes the Calling doesn't send the ACK (because it
reject the 200 OK), the call is considered connected (and billed) by
Freeswitch (30s, probably due to a timeout waiting ack) and not by Calling
(0s).
There is a way (config?) to send ACK to called only when is received the
ACK from calling?

Stephen