[Freeswitch-users] Skype (+connect) Freeswitch/SIPfoundry

Todd Bailey toddb at toddbailey.net
Thu Jul 19 21:51:29 MSD 2012

I'll be installing Fedora F17 over the next few days and hope to take my
successes and er well, failures on FreeSwitch (FS) and move them into
the new install.

In looking at Skype it states to use SIP approved pbx's and SIPFoundry
(SF) is one of them.  In looking at SF I see a lot of FS rpms etc.

Any one care to help minimize my confusion on what the differences are
and what might be the better product to install?

I'd like to use skype for outbound long distance calls, an added plus
would be to have bi-directional calls, but outbound calling is key.

I'm still using a analog line for local bidirectional calling  but it
has it's own set of issues.

thanks