[Freeswitch-users] How can I use fs_path when originating an external call through a gateway?

Matt Stockton mstockton at harqen.com
Tue Jul 17 17:27:38 MSD 2012

Hi all,

I am trying to do the following:  Originate a call from Freeswitch to an
external gateway. I want the SIP signaling to go through a different
Freeswitch box that is acting as an outbound proxy. It seems that I should
be able to use fs_path to do this, however I am having trouble getting this
to work.

I have tried the following originate commands, and for each one, the SIP
signaling is not going through the other_fs box. Note that the originate is
working just fine, its just going directly to the gateway:

originate sofia/gateway/my_gateway/+14145551212;fs_path=sip:other_fs &park()
originate sofia/gateway/my_gateway/+14145551212;fs_path=sip:other_fs:5060
&park()
originate 'sofia/gateway/my_gateway/+14145551212;fs_path=sip:other_fs'
&park()
originate 'sofia/gateway/my_gateway/+14145551212;fs_path=sip:other_fs:5060'
&park()

Am I doing something wrong with fs_path? My goal is to have a FS node (the
other_fs) act as an outbound proxy to the gateway so that the gateway sees
all SIP signaling traffic come from other_fs. Currently, I am using
OpenSIPS to act as the outbound proxy but ideally I would just have
Freeswitch nodes, so I am trying to remove OpenSIPS from the SIP path.

Any help on this is appreciated!

- Matt