[Freeswitch-users] Duplicate DTMF Events - Please Help!

Joann R DeJesus Joann.DeJesus at convergys.com
Tue Jul 17 02:46:01 MSD 2012

Hello All,

I hope someone has experience this issue and can quickly assist me!  We are supposed to be going live with a customer in a couple of days and need to find a resolution quickly in order to stay on track...

We are using Freeswitch with Sangoma T1 cards to bridge TDM with our internal VoIP system. Call flow is as follows:

PSTN --> T1/Sangoma cards --> Freeswitch --> IVR

I have configured Freeswitch for RFC2833.  When I make a call to the IVR from a landline or cell phone and press "5" at a prompt, FS will sometimes send two separate DTMF events to the IVR.  This causes the IVR to receive "55" which then sends the call to the incorrect destination.

I can verify with Wireshark that FS is sending two separate RFC2833 events.  For some reason, this is exacerbated with heavy call volume (easy to reproduce during load testing).  Has anyone experienced this symptom or have any ideas what I can check?

Thanks in advance for any assistance!!

- Joann

NOTICE: The information contained in this electronic mail transmission is intended by Convergys Corporation for the use of the named individual or entity to which it is directed and may contain information that is privileged or otherwise confidential. If you have received this electronic mail transmission in error, please delete it from your system without copying or forwarding it, and notify the sender of the error by reply email or by telephone (collect), so that the sender's address records can be corrected.