[Freeswitch-users] _sip._udp SRV DNS records on Windows 2008 R2 server

Sean Devoy sdevoy at bizfocused.com
Sat Jul 14 02:35:24 MSD 2012

Hi all,

This is a Windows DNS Server question.  I have added SRV records for
_sip._udp.bizfocused.com, even though _sip is not one of the stock choices
in the dropdown list from the add SRV record dialog.  I can see them in DNS
console listed under my domain:

bizfocused.com

   +_udp  (2 _sip records show up here)

However, I cannot find any tool that can successfully request/display those
values (like nslookup).

And of course when I turn on "Use DNS SRV" on my phone it just hangs on
"CHECKING DNS".

Any ideas for hosting _sip._udp SRV records would be greatly appreciated.
Do I have to move my DNS to a UNIX box or DNS Service provider?

Thanks,

Sean