[Freeswitch-users] Polycom IP501

Todd Bailey toddb at toddbailey.net
Mon Jul 9 09:57:02 MSD 2012

Hey all,  I just purchased this phone ( ebay $35 total) and should be
here in a few days.
I think I got a boot server (tftp) all set up so the phone will have a
place to get the latest boot code.

I've read through most of the FS user docs on this phone and it seems
like it should be plug and play after I get the configuration files
updated and in place. I not sure what to expect, for the initial
install. Basic functionality and maybe a few higher features or does the
fun begin after the phone is installed?

This phone is intended as a beta test,  if it works ok, meaning plug in
and it works and advanced features don't take days or weeks to sort out,
I'll be adding a few more.

Any one have experience with this particular phone on FS and any issues
or gotcha's to be aware of?

thanks