[Freeswitch-users] Performance Testing

Steve Underwood steveu at coppice.org
Sun Jul 8 08:16:51 MSD 2012

On 07/08/2012 11:48 AM, Hanie Maghsoudy wrote:
> Hi. Yes, I'm using mod_xml_cdr. So, I'll try real hardware server,
> older version of CentOS, and modify CDR modes to test again with more
> realistic ACD. Thank you all.
>
> On Sun, Jul 8, 2012 at 1:36 AM, Avi Marcus <avi at avimarcus.net
> <mailto:avi at avimarcus.net>> wrote:
>
>     I just know the actual data size of mod_json_cdr is smaller than
>     mod_xml_cdr... are you sure it's the CDR generation time and not
>     the cpu usage of writing it to disk?
>     Try a) mod_cdr_csv instead, b) mod_json_cdr instead, c) turning
>     off all logging and/or d) writing the CDRs to a ramdisk to see the
>     new usage.
>
>     AND.. as said before.. calls aren't usually 4 seconds. "good"
>     traffic is on average 180+ seconds.

Good is highly variable. There used to be lots of good traffic that
averaged 4s in the days when paging was big business. There is still
plenty of call centre work where the average is 30s. Even proper
conversations can average considerably less than 180s. You REALLY have
to look at the application.

Steve