[Freeswitch-users] Pushing CDR Information into Zeromq

Jmesquita@freeswitch.org jmesquita at freeswitch.org
Fri Jul 6 21:06:04 MSD 2012

That is a common misconception. ZeroMQ is a socket on steroids, that's it. It does up to what it can do without messing with the protocol you are implementing. Pub/sub can handle message delivery reliability but it is not default on the pattern because you can easily flood memory if the worker is not available.

Most of the protocols using zeromq implement a ready message that specifies when a certain worker is available and then start sending its messages as well as handle disk persistence if needed.

Zeromq also implemented something they call high water mark on the socket and that is the amount of messages to be queued on memory before starting to discard. This is only used on durable sockets, which from what I understand is being deprecated in favor of leaving the task to the nderlying protocol.

Hope that clears it.

Regards,

João Mesquita