[Freeswitch-users] Fs compatible phones?

Michael Collins msc at freeswitch.org
Wed Jul 4 00:53:04 MSD 2012

On Tue, Jul 3, 2012 at 1:37 PM, Todd Bailey <toddb at toddbailey.net> wrote:

> My question is evolving into not who but what.
>
> It it safe to say any phone marketed as a 'IP Phone' will work or are
> there gotchas that I need to know about ?

There are ALWAYS gotchas with every manufacturer. The problem is that there
is not a comprehensive list of every gotcha for every phone maker because
that's just too much work to keep up with. (Things change, firmwares get
updated, etc.)

If you want a really inexpensive phone that "just works" then you might
want to check out the Yealink T26. Alternatively, the Snom 300 is cheap,
but it has a really small display (although it's backlit, so at least you
have that.)

Personally, I would stay away from the Cisco 79xx phones unless you really,
really enjoy drama.

-MC