[Freeswitch-users] mod_fsv and h263

Anthony Minessale anthony.minessale at gmail.com
Mon Jan 30 23:47:54 MSK 2012

Maybe there are some specific encoding params from the fmtp that are
not preserved or there are some other factors that the phone takes for
granted so it's probably a co-incidence it works on the phone since
fsv is basically a mirror of an exact rtp stream and probably it's
already equipped to play its own video.

You could play with the mod_mp4 and see if its any different.

On Sat, Jan 28, 2012 at 5:24 PM, Greg Millam <captdeaf at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi folks -
>
>  I'm using mod_fsv to record incoming video to an .fsv file, then
> using ffmpeg to convert it. It works perfectly fine when the video
> codec is h264 or h263+. But when the video codec is h263, it creates
> corrupted video. ffmpeg creates a gibberish movie, and reports a large
> number of errors. (Pasted below).
>
>  However, when play_fsv is used to play that same .fsv file back via
> freeswitch to my videophone, the video is clear and fine. The issue
> appears to be in mod_fsv's recording, fsvdec, or similar.
>
> ffmpeg is compiled with fsvdec.c
>
> Output when using h264 or h263+ is typical ffmpeg success output, and
> the generated .mp4 is nice and clear.
>
> Warning output from h263 spans a large number of pages, but are variations on:
>
> [h263 @ 0x3143200] illegal ac vlc code at 1x1
> [h263 @ 0x3143200] Error at MB: 24
> [h263 @ 0x3143200] illegal ac vlc code at 14x1
> [h263 @ 0x3143200] Error at MB: 37
> [h263 @ 0x3143200] concealing 396 DC, 396 AC, 396 MV errors
> [h263 @ 0x3143200] illegal ac vlc code at 21x15
> [h263 @ 0x3143200] Error at MB: 366
> [h263 @ 0x3143200] concealing 118 DC, 118 AC, 118 MV errors
> [h263 @ 0x3143200] illegal dc 0 at 9 16
>    Last message repeated 1 times

>  mod_fsv documentation on the wiki states that mod_fsv is endian
> dependent, yet all processing is happening on the same machine. (And
> the fact it works just fine for h264 and h263+ is just baffling).
>
> Any thoughts?
>
> Thank you!
>
> - Greg Millam
>
> --
> If we do not endeavor to take a step every day, the journey can become
> so long as to be infinite.

> http://wiki.freeswitch.org

Anthony Minessale II

FreeSWITCH http://www.freeswitch.org/