[Freeswitch-users] Method of checking if media is being played at a session

Hynek Cihlar hynek.cihlar at gmail.com
Mon Jan 30 19:56:01 MSK 2012

Although I do it using ESL it may be helpful for your case. When issuing
the broadcast request I create a 'correlation ID' variable with a generated
unique ID (can be any suitable string) for each file to be broadcast. The
ID is passed back to the ESL app after each particular file stops playing
back.

In the ESl language I issue the command "execute
playback file_string://myfile.mp3{CorrelationID=myuniqueID}" and then wait
for an event with the correct correlation ID.

Hynek