[Freeswitch-users] Sendmail segfaulting

John freeswitch at earthspike.net
Thu Jan 26 21:48:41 MSK 2012

Slightly unrelated, but I have been using the python script sendemail.py
until recently when a user noticed that they were not being emailed some
voicemails.  I have since changed to using ssmtp (rather than nullmailer
as my mail server requires a login, TLS on tcp/587). One thing I
noticed, and it may be me that caused it, but the sendemail.py script
had some indentation using (4) spaces and some using tabs.  But the main
problem is that the script keeps warning about the MimeWriter class
being deprecated and has no error reporting or recovery, it seems.  For
me, it was easier to install ssmtp than rewrite the python script.  If
you don't need a full mail server, I would recommend using a null mailer
like ssmtp or nullmailer.

John