[Freeswitch-users] Running FreeSWITCH on softmodem

peder at networkoblivion.com peder at networkoblivion.com
Tue Jan 24 23:28:20 MSK 2012

There is a big difference between voice modem and data modem.  Doing an ATD
just dials via the data side.  It doesn't mean that it will work for voice.
You can't just get any old modem and run voice over it, it needs to be a
modem with a DSP and then the appropriate drivers that can convert voice.
You are better off buying an ATA and doing it that way.  You can find used
ATAs on ebay for $30 US or less.