[Freeswitch-users] Trigger re-INVITE with different SDP during a call

Roland Hänel roland at haenel.me
Mon Jan 23 11:14:09 MSK 2012

Hi,

Is there a way to trigger a SIP re-INVITE for a channel that has already
been answered, and to make FreeSwitch offer a certain list of codecs to the
endpoint?

Let's assume the call is answered with PCMA/PCMU, then the user enters an
IVR, now we know that he's going to join a conference. For the conference,
I might want to enable G.722 and H.264 video (which should not generally be
enabled for all incoming calls). I found stuff about codec-related channel
variables, but no 'trigger' to tell FS to make a codec re-negotiation.

Greetings,
Roland