[Freeswitch-users] RTMP from non-flash/flex code

Ken Rice krice at freeswitch.org
Sat Jan 21 01:51:42 MSK 2012

you need to keep in mind that RTMP isn't just a streaming media protocol,
its kinda like JSON or XML in the fact that you can encode a variety of
things into RTMP such as arrays etc...

you need to review the RTMP client implementation in freeswitch and make a
matching plugin for Red5 or look at some things like red5phone and see how
to make red5 talk sip...

Keeping in mind that while red5 does work and work well in many instances I
have found it to leak memory something fierce ...