[Freeswitch-users] Question about the future of mod_nibblebill

Carlo Dimaggio jaasmailing at gmail.com
Tue Jan 17 11:05:40 MSK 2012

Hi all,

I'm thinking about a development of a custom prepaid application based
on mod_nibblebill (that is very interesting).
I'm wondering about the status and the future of this module in order to
understand if this is the better way to achieve the aim of the project.
I have seen in the mod_nibblebill source code this notes:

* TODO: Fix what happens when the DB is not available
  * TODO: Fix what happens when the DB queries fail (right now, all are
acting like success)
  * TODO: Add buffering abilities
  * TODO: Make error handling for database, such that when the database
is down (or not installed) we just log to a text file
  * FUTURE: Possibly make the hooks not tied per-channel, and instead
just do this as a supervision style application with one thread that
watches all calls

Does the developers think to continue supporting the module (not only
bugfix but new features)?

I'm sorry for the particular question but I wouldn't do errors at this
stage of the project.

Best Regards,