[Freeswitch-users] BLF gets confused with multiple calls

Tim St. Pierre fs-list at communicatefreely.net
Tue Jan 17 06:20:01 MSK 2012

Okay, so I got another machine, built the update, (which wouldn't
compile until I hacked mod_spandsp), etc. etc.

I now have a fairly recent version of FreeSWITCH and got a lab together
and can figure things out better.

I did notice some improvements in BLFs, and they handle multiple calls
better, but I'm still having the core issue that started this to begin
with, and makes my customers complain.  Here's how to duplicate:

Phone A calls phone B, phone B answers
The lamp for phone A lights, and the lamp for phone B flashes.
When phone B answers, they are both steady.
Phone C calls phone B.  Phone B's lamp flashes (it should, it is ringing).
Phone C hangs up before phone B answers the second call.
Phone B's light goes out    <----   This is the problem here

If phone B does something, ie. puts a call on hold and picks it up
again, all the lamps do what they are supposed to.  In fact, they will
no correct themselves if phone B does something.  What I'm trying to
solve is the fact that phone B's lamp went out even though they are
still on an active call with phone A.

This is fairly common in a group reception environment.  Not everyone
can get all the calls all the time, but the other people in the group
want to know who has an active call.

Any ideas?  Should I submit this as a bug?

Thanks!

-Tim