[Freeswitch-users] Annoying error while compiling FreeSWITCH

Michael Collins msc at freeswitch.org
Tue Jan 17 02:24:33 MSK 2012

On Mon, Jan 16, 2012 at 2:01 PM, Muhammad Shahzad <
shaheryarkh at googlemail.com> wrote:

> I am getting build failure repeatedly due to this annoying -Werror. Each
> time any warning appears in code, the compilation fails treating it as
> error, e.g.
>
> /usr/src/svn-src/freeswitch/src/mod/applications/mod_voicemail_ivr/mod_voicemail_ivr.c:57:6:
> error: variable 'argc' set but not used [-Werror=unused-but-set-variable]
> cc1: all warnings being treated as errors

In addition to what Tony said, this is a good reason to report bugs to
jira.freeswitch.org. Also, just for reference, this particular module is
not critical for FreeSWITCH to work - it was contributed by a community
member (IRC: moc). Moc has A LOT of practice fixing his errors, so assign
the bug to him. ;)

In the meantime you can exclude this module from being built just by
editing modules.conf in your freeswitch source directory. In fact, it might
be worth it for you to review which modules you are building by default.
There may be modules you don't want or need that you can skip. This will
make your builds go faster and you won't get tripped up by annoying errors
on modules that you don't actually use.

-MC