[Freeswitch-users] T.38 Faxing - at a loss...

Kristian Kielhofner kris at kriskinc.com
Sat Jan 14 23:47:24 MSK 2012

Hi Paige,

  As you've discovered, faxing is a beast!  Let's start with a couple
of questions:

1)  What are you trying to accomplish?  I'm guessing you're using
FreeSWITCH as a PBX/SBC between your provider and your T.38 capable
endpoints.

2)  Does VoIP Innovations claim T.38 support for every call, every
route, and every DID?

  In addition to answering these questions, could you post console
output for the type(s) of calls you're attempting?  You can post them
to http://pastebin.freeswitch.org AFTER you enable "sofia global
siptrace on".

  That should help us get started.

On Sat, Jan 14, 2012 at 12:15 AM, Paige Sullivan
<psullivan at concerttelecom.com> wrote:
> I've been trying in vein to get T.38 faxing to work properly.
>
> My provider is VOIP Innovations and my ATA is an EdgeWater 200EW (also tried
> a Grandstream HT-502) all of which support T.38.  I have read the wiki about
> a thousand times and tried every combination of parameters in my dialplan
> that I can think of.  I have the latest version of Freeswitch (built from
> git repo just today) and everything else works like a charm.
>
> What info should I post so maybe someone out there can give me some ideas?
>  Like I said, I've tried about everything I can think of - even enabling
> t38_passthru = true on each individual call.
>
> Any ideas at all?  Anyone using this provider and having T.38 work?  I'm
> pretty desperate here and would even be willing to pay for an answer...

> http://wiki.freeswitch.org

Kristian Kielhofner