[Freeswitch-users] FreeSWITCH in a University Environment

Yehavi Bourvine yehavi.bourvine at gmail.com
Thu Jan 12 08:28:04 MSK 2012

Hello Gabriel,

  The Hebrew University of Jerusalem has 5 old Nortel exhcnages serving
around 8,000 extensions. For about 3 years now we have a FreeSWITCH PBX
connected aside it with about 200 extensions (we do not put more extensions
due to potential problems it might create on the Nortel).

  We started with Asterisk and quite quickly understood that it lacks some
functionality that an organization like us needs, thus we moved to
Freeswitch, and we are happy with this decision. We also have AudioCodes
ATAs for analog phones and AudioCodes PRI gateway. Our "smartphones" are
mainly Polycoms for secretaries and AudioCodes HD320 for "regular" users.

We have to do some move soon as our Nortels are almost 20 years old. We are
now in the process of estimating how much an open source solution would
cost us (needs more man power which we have to estimate the amount of) so
we can compare it to a commecrical solution offerings.

If you need more information don't hesitate to ask.

                       Regards, __Yehavi: