[Freeswitch-users] Notify of a missed call (no voicemail left)

Avi Marcus avi at avimarcus.net
Tue Jan 10 10:34:35 MSK 2012

As of Jan 4th, mod_voicemail now sets the channel variable
"voicemail_message_len" with the message length of the voicemail that
was left.
So now all you need is a post-call processor. E.g. you can have your
xml_cdr script check - if the call had normal_clearing with last_app
of bridge, then someone picked up. (I think... I didn't get around to
making this yet.)
If it was last_app of voicemail, and voicemail_message_len is set,
then an email already went out via the voicemail application.
Otherwise it's a missed call and run you script.

Or I suppose you could do this as a lua script in the hangup hook with
session_in_hangup hook or something.

If someone can wikify dialplan code and a lua script we can get it working...
I suppose the email would go to the same place as the voicemail goes
to. It would be based on a separate user variable about "mail on
missed call" though..

-Avi Marcus