[Freeswitch-users] User Configuration: Question about F_REC and misc.

Dennis odermann at googlemail.com
Mon Jan 9 17:33:04 MSK 2012

hi,

we would like to allow SIP-phones to connect to our fs directly.
therefor we would like to be able to set some options for each
user/phone.

the most important setting is regarding the "record key" (F_REC),
which one can find on some/most/all SIP-phones:

1.) is it possible to DISABLE the key for individual users?
if we press the F_REC key on our snom, fs starts to record. we can
find options to disable some keys, but we did not find an option to
disable the F_REC key. this option is very important, because we can
not allow everybody to record calls.

2.) addionally we would like to be able to play an audio-file, when
the record key is pressed (to let the other side know, that the call
is beeing recorded).

misc. questions about user configuration options: can we set the
DTMF-type (like info and/or rfc2833) or the allowed codec (like
G722,PCMA at 20i) to override the global settings?

thanks a lot for your help!

kind regards
dennis