[Freeswitch-users] Encrypted clients to unencrypted destination ... possible ?

Bob Smith gb10hkzo-freeswitch at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Jan 6 00:38:33 MSK 2012

Hello List,

To save me much head-banging and time-wasting, could someone please tell me whether it is possible to configure Freeswitch so that an endpoint can register over TLS, but can route out to and receive calls from the big bad unencrypted outside world ?

I've got a basic DDI config at the moment that I can receive calls on fine when endpoint registers as unencrypted.  But the moment I turn on TLS, the DDI no longer rings.

I've followed the instructions here http://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/SIP_TLS to enable TLS (only enabling TLS on the internal Sofia obviously).  By the way, it would be great if someone could update those instructions with more detail as to how to get things working with a commercial certificate, as I had no luck making it work, so there's obviously a trick that's missing, and had to resort to a self signed one.

Thanks

Bob