[Freeswitch-users] help with wait_for_silence

Hector Geraldino Hector.Geraldino at ip-soft.net
Thu Jan 5 22:31:21 MSK 2012

Hi,

I'm trying to use the wait_for_silence application to stop recording audio from a channel, and I need to use it not from a FS dialplan but from an ESL application.

So far I can execute the wait_for_silence application using 'execute wait_for_silence arguments' with no issues. I can even see the result of the execution of this command on the fs_cli console:

2012-01-05 19:04:40.266001 [DEBUG] switch_ivr.c:576 sofia/internal/5512 at 192.168.8.11 Command Execute wait_for_silence(200 15 15 5000)
EXECUTE sofia/internal/5512 at 192.168.8.11 wait_for_silence(200 15 15 5000)

The problem is that I don't know if this is working or not, as it is not raising any event that can be received by the application. I don't see any event related to this application (or to detect silence using any other mechanism) on the wiki Events List page [http://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/Event_list], so I'm not sure it is usable in an socket outbound mode.

Resuming: is it possible to detect the silence on a channel and then perform an action in an ESL application, using wait_for_silence app or any other mechanism?

Thanks,
Hector