[Freeswitch-users] Originate with dead destination

Sharad Garg sharad at coraltele.com
Thu Jan 5 07:53:06 MSK 2012

Hi

Thanks a lot for your kind reply...

I am sorry not to explain my query in detail..

I am using sip_profile 'external' for making point to point SIP call (without registration). Everything is working perfectly except one point.

Point is.....if detination host (the url used in originate API), is switched-off, Freeswitch does not get any response from destination host. In this case, Freeswitch sends 4-5 SIP INVITE & revert back with error message.

Now when I use the same originate API to the same url, Freeswitch does not generate the SIP Invite to this url. In this case, Freeswitch diretly reverts back with error without making the SIP INVITE to the defined url. I had waited for 10-15 minutes but every time FS reverted back with error message without generating INVITE.
When the defined host is switched-on, there is some broadcast "netbios" message on network. I think from this broadcast message, FS comes to know that the host has become live now.  So if I make originate to the same url, this time FS generates the INVITE.

I might be wrong but this is what I analyzed. If I am wrong, plz correct me.

So from this, I understood that if a destination host is switched-off, FS marks that host as `dead' with him till he gets some broadcast message from that host.

So my query is...is there any way to configure FS so that it will generate the SIP invite on every ORIGINATE API even if host is not live.

Please note that in my testing the host is a PC on which a softphone EYEBEAM 1.5 is installed on 5060 & it is configured without Registration. Means the url in my ORIGINATE is for a unregistered end point.

Hope it is clear.

Best Regards
Sharad