[Freeswitch-users] vBilling Beta Program!! - Review

nbhatti nbhatti at gmail.com
Wed Jan 4 13:46:10 MSK 2012

Hello Sharif,
Many thanks for the constructive comments for vBilling. This would really
help us to improve and deliver more. As per your issues, vBilling is
designed as a standalone application minimizing the footprint of FreeSWITCH
and maximize the performance. We have not enabled any unnecessary modules
which are not required. We already have included a complete management
interface for FreeSWITCH. You can control almost every aspect of
configuration without having a need of separate management interface. But
If you really like to install it along with some other existence of any
other application, you would have to make some changes in the following
files accordingly.

*application/config/config.php
*Adjust *$config['base_url']* accordingly.

You would also have to adjust

*        <X-PRE-PROCESS cmd="set" data="vBilling_xml_curl_url=
http://localhost/xmlcurl/index.php"/>
        <X-PRE-PROCESS cmd="set" data="vBilling_xml_cdr_url=
http://localhost/xmlcurl/index.php"/>
*
in *freeswitch.xml *file as per your new path. Also make sure, /etc/hosts
contains an entry for localhost pointing to 127.0.0.1 or vice versa. You
would also have to manually install the database since it looks for a new
install and configured the server accordingly. Don't also forget to
configure odbc for the database you make. (/etc/odbc.ini)

We are working on having vBilling exist with existing FS install base, but
this will take some time to implement. As the core of vBilling is designed
to serve dynamic configs from the DB using mod_xml_curl.

Once again we are open for any (constructive) comments and contributions to
improve vBilling.

Thanks,
Muhammad Naseer (Goni)