[Freeswitch-users] Voicemail - see if user left a message?

Michael Collins msc at freeswitch.org
Wed Jan 4 01:20:47 MSK 2012

Avi,

Are you looking at the XML CDR for the call leg that goes to voicemail? If
so, check out the billsec value. The lower the value, the less likely they
left a message. If it's zero then they definitely did not leave a message.
I'd ask Tony for confirmation, but based on my experiments (with the
"Local_Extension") I'd wager that the billsec variable only goes above zero
if the voicemail app gets to the point where it actually records something.
As a rule of thumb, I'd say anything less than four seconds should be
considered "they did not leave a voicemail."

Do some experimenting and let us know what you come up with.

-MC