[Freeswitch-users] Posibility to build a module for chan dongle

Rob Hutton justlikeef at gmail.com
Tue Jan 3 20:59:18 MSK 2012

Sorry if this is coming across sarcastic, I honestly don't mean it to be, licensing is just not as cut and dry as it is or it isn't.  There are 1000 conflicting legal opinions about this stuff, which is why the licenses keep getting revised.

- MPL specifically allows other licenses (starting at v1.1)
- Includion in MPL projects is specifically allowed in all versions of GPL3 and most GPL2 code (as discussed here http://www.gnu.org/licenses/license-list.html) as you are allowed to derive works under whatever license you want as long as the GPLd code and any contributions you make to them are made available in source form and the license is included.

...so it doesn't appear to me to be a licensing issue with most current code, at least.  Certainly there have been issues in the past

If it has been clarified on the list many times that GPLd code can't be included in FreeSWITCH, and it's not a licensing issue, then who would have made the decision not to allow it?

Thanks,
Rob