[Freeswitch-users] Posibility to build a module for chan dongle

Josue Diaz Cruz jdiaz at coinfru.com
Tue Jan 3 18:03:20 MSK 2012

I was thinking if it could be possible to build a module like the asterisk
chan dongle. Uses the huawey USB GMS/UTMS modem to place calls throught GSM
networks

I can build an asterisk server for this, but i am working continously with
freeswitch and i have not too much knowledge of c/c++. I enjoy really work
with freeswitch. I think that make this module could be nice to use it in a
low cost sip to GSM gateway.  We can use it to develop pbx systems with gsm,
or trunking.

Perhaps there is other module better than this made in freeswitch and i am
asking an stupid thing. What i like from this chan dongle is that it is not
needed to use any sound card or other device for this. Just only as a module
cause the huawey have the voice mode activable.

The web page for the chan is this:

http://wiki.e1550.mobi/doku.php?id=installation

It is open source. so we can use the sources without any issue.

Sorry me if the information is not really exaustive or if i maid many
mistakes not knowing completely the posibilities with other modules that can
do this job.

By the way, sorry me for my english. It is not really good.

Josue Diaz Cruz

Departamento Tecnico y Soporte

 <mailto:jdiaz at coinfru.com> jdiaz at coinfru.com

C/ Balsicas 3