[Freeswitch-users] Global Variable Substitution

Brian Wiese brian.wiese.freeswitch at gmail.com
Mon Jan 2 19:56:42 MSK 2012

Hi Everyone.

I thought I read somewhere that this was possible, but I can't find it now...

I need a way to find-and-replace within a variable.  So, for example,
I want to take variables that have values like this:

123abc123abc
abc123abc123abc

...and do a find/replace of the "abc" with "xyz" so the variables
would now return:

123xyz123xyz
xyz123xyz123xyz

The use case I've run into is that I need to add leg variables to
group_call.  In my case, group_call can return any number of members,
so I figured I would just replace the first "[" with
"[variable-I-want-to-set=...".

Thanks for the help!

~Brian