[Freeswitch-users] Help with debugging stuck threads/channels

[Redhosting] Egbert Groot egbert at redhosting.nl
Mon Feb 27 04:43:59 MSK 2012

Hi All,

I'm running a freeswitch server with moderate load (at least, in my
opinion..). Everything runs fine and stable.
There is however one issue I have: occasionally a channel/thread gots
stuck (and keeps that way until a full restart). Doing a uuid_kill
doesn't help, and a uuid_dump got locked itself as well.  I managed to
get a core dump from the running process, and I can see a couple of
threads in a locked state: "#0  0x00007f3878764be4 in __lll_lock_wait ()
from /lib/libpthread.so.0" etc.
This is where my experience ends. How should I proceed in finding the
cause of these locks? I've read these kind of locks can happen when
doing 'fancy' things with cdr processing etc. In my setup this doesn't
seem te be the case, as this is a 'simple' gateway only using the
default modules.

(for the stack trace see http://pastebin.freeswitch.org/18526   version:
commit 224f4c0f8aefcb969ecab7ff9d3a66dce92bd943 / Tue Jan 24 11:38:41
2012 -0600).

regards,
Egbert.