[Freeswitch-users] multi-FS setup and sip presence

Vik Killa vipkilla at gmail.com
Wed Feb 22 00:38:04 MSK 2012

So it appears i'm not the only person having issues with presence in a
multi-FS setup...
http://jira.freeswitch.org/browse/FS-3758

Currently presence is only works when a call comes to a UA on the FS
server that UA is registered to...

It looks like this patch was submitted to GIT but there is no clear
instruction on how to implement it.
Should a sofia parameter be used like <param
name="shared-subscriptions" value="true"/> ?
Also, I've been told i need to set this parameter: <param
name="dbname" value="shared_presence"/>
My question is what should the value of that parameter be? or does
that not matter because FS automatically creates the SCHEMA?
All my FS systems are connected to the same ODBC (in sofia.conf.xml
and switch.conf.xml)
And each FS system has a unique hostname. I'm told that if I set the
hostname to the same on all FS boxes, presence will work, but at the
same time I'm told setting the hostname of all FS boxes to the same is
not good practice in a clustered setup.
Also, I have the presence_id setup in the directory like
<param name="dial-string"
value="{sip_invite_domain=${dialed_domain},presence_id=${dialed_user}@${dialed_domain}}${sofia_contact(${dialed_user}@${dialed_domain})}"/>

Any help would be much appreciated, thanks.