[Freeswitch-users] Inline execution concept

Michael Collins msc at freeswitch.org
Tue Feb 14 21:34:26 MSK 2012

On Tue, Feb 14, 2012 at 9:03 AM, Avi Marcus <avi at avimarcus.net> wrote:

> Tim, that's an excellent description. Can you please find/add/update that
> on the wiki?
> It would be great if most answers on this mailing list to explain
> something were links to the wiki. Or even better if the wiki was so well
> organized and explanatory that they wouldn't even need to ask.
>
> -Avi

Indeed, Tim did a nice job of explaining that. My recommendation for
updating the wiki would be to replace this section:

http://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/Dialplan_XML#The_10.2C000_Foot_View

It unnecessarily brings Sofia into the picture when discussing call
processing. It would be much better if that section were re-written in a
way similar to Tim's email discussion. If anyone has the FS 1.0.6 "bridge"
book then you could use chapters 5 and 8 as reference material. (As long as
you don't just copy and paste large blocks of text then there's no
copyright issues - the facts of how the dialplan is processed are not
copyrightable.)

Please let me know if you guys have any questions on editing the wiki.

-MC