[Freeswitch-users] FreeSWITCH Crash - How to Troubleshoot

Michael Collins msc at freeswitch.org
Tue Feb 14 21:25:53 MSK 2012

On Tue, Feb 14, 2012 at 7:33 AM, Lloyd Aloysius <lloyd.aloysius at gmail.com>wrote:

> I go through the wiki page. Now I find a core dump file in
> /usr/local/freeswitch directory.
>

> -rw-------  1 freeswitch freeswitch 60235776 Feb 14 09:34 core.3202
>

> Then wiki says .. I need to get a back trace. Can I use another machine to
> load the core and get back trace  and submit to JIRA?

Not reliably. The best thing to do is to collect the backtrace (bt) as soon
as the crash occurs. Remember, when you get a core dump you need to use gdb
with the exact same executable file that generated the core.xxx file. On a
decent machine this process should not take more than a few minutes and
there are scripts available to assist with collecting the information.

-MC